The Anabolic Diet is a muscle building and fat burning diet. Dr Mauro Di Pasquale developed the Anabolic Diet as a response to drug use. He wanted a diet that gave similar results but naturally & safely.
The Anabolic Diet does this by manipulating your muscle building hormones. Key is eating the right combination of foods at the right time. Not easy, but works if done properly. Here's the definite Anabolic Diet guide.
Benefits of The Anabolic Diet. The Anabolic Diet is a high protein, high fat diet which involves carbs cycling. Some things you can expect:
- Fat Loss. You force your body to use fat for energy by avoiding carbs for 5 days. Your body stores less fat because you eat lots of fats. You'll get rid of stubborn fat like love handles. 10% body fat year through is easy.
- Muscle Gains. Key to the Anabolic Diet is fatty read meat. This is rich in cholesterol and saturated fats which increase your testosterone levels. Testosterone is the muscle building hormone.
- Improved Health. Lower cholesterol & tryglyceride levels, less plaque build up, controlled insulin levels, less food allergies, less acne, ... Do a blood test before starting the Anabolic Diet and compare months later.
- More Energy. Controlling your carb intake will make you wake up full of energy. You'll never have blood sugar crashes or heaviness after eating again. Also less irritability & less mood swings.
- No Hunger. Fat satiates and makes you feel full longer. You will never get hungry on the Anabolic Diet. You'll have to remind yourself to eat even though you'll be eating more than before.
How The Anabolic Diet Works. The Anabolic Diet works whatever your gender or age. And like any diet, it works best coupled with strength training Here's how your week looks like when you eat the Anabolic Diet way:
- Weekdays. Proteins, fats & veggies. Eat fatty red meat, fatty fish, whole eggs, full fat cheese, olive oil, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, ...
- Weekends. Eat lots of carbs. Pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, oats, fruit, ... Lower your protein & fat intake.
How to Get Started on The Anabolic Diet. Anabolic Diet rules:
- 12 Days No Carbs. Eat proteins & fats only for 12 days. This forces your body to use fat for energy. After these 12 days, eat carbs for 2 days on. Then alternate 5 days no carbs and 2 days carbs.
- No Carbs Days. 40% protein, 60% fat, 25g carbs max. The carbs should come from foods like veggies, eggs, meat, ... No oats or rice or milk.
- Carbs Days. 15% protein, 25% fat, 60% carbs. So 60% of your calories should come from carbs. These will fill your carb stores.
- It takes about 4 weeks to adapt to the Anabolic Diet. Expect stomach issues, moodiness, tiredness, ... Don't give up. All of this will go away if you stick with the Anabolic Diet.
Example Meal Plan: No Carbs Days. Usually Monday to Friday. Eat protein & fat only, avoid carbs.
- Breakfast. Whole eggs, turkey, spinach.
- Snack. Italian or french cheese.
- Lunch. Ground round, broccoli, olive oil.
- Snack. Smoked salmon or italian ham.
- Post Workout. Whey, olive oil.
- Dinner. Tuna, salad, olive oil, cheese cubes.
- Pre Bed. French cheese, ground flax seeds, fish oil.
Example Meal Plan: Carbs Days. Usually Saturday & Sunday. Best is to avoid training on these days since the high carb intake tends to cause tiredness.
- Breakfast. Oats, raisins, milk.
- Snack. Lots of fruit.
- Lunch. Steamed rice, dried fruits, spinach.
- Snack. Lots of fruit.
- Dinner. Whole grain pasta, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese.
- Pre Bed. Cottage cheese, berries, ground flax seeds, fish oil.