Why is pomegranate good for you?
handsome fruit is quite popular for its deep and purple-colored juice
that is packed with lots of antioxidants that may help in maintaining a
smooth and wrinkle free skin. But, aside from the possibility of helping
people to maintain youthful and glowing skin by keeping the blood
platelets together, there are so many health benefits of pomegranate to
people of all ages. While no health claims are made regarding
pomegranate whatsoever, here are some of the remedies and uses that some
people hope pomegranate can help with.
1. It may help
reduce the risk of having a heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
Studies show that pomegranate juice daily may help support the normal
blood flow to the heart. Because of its antioxidant properties,
pomegranate keeps bad cholesterol from forming, and thus, may help keep
the arteries clear of clots.
2. It may help support the
body's normal defense in the prevention of certain cancers. Since
pomegranates has very high levels of antioxidant called "flavenoids"
that is thought to be effective in counteracting various cancer-causing
radicals, more and more experts recommend this fruit as a possible part
of a healthy diet. Because of flavenoids, many people are consuming
pomegranate because it is believed to help support their good health.
It may help reduce the risks for illnesses such as atherosclerosis,
osteoarthritis, and diabetes. Because of the properties of pomegranate,
conditions that are known to cause the thickening and hardening of
arterial walls and damage in cartilage and joints are hoped to be helped
by this fruit. Studies are needed of course to get test results. No
claims are made as to what the pomegranate may or may not help.
4. It is a rich source of various vitamins. Pomegranate is a good, natural source of vitamins A, C and E as well as folic acid.
5.It is rumored to help reduce the possibility of having premature
babies. Pomegranate juice and extract is thought by some people to help
expectant mothers avoid having low birth weight babies.
6. Some users claim it is beneficial for relieving minor illnesses such as core throat.
7. Other users believe it might reduce the possibility of developing Alzheimer's disease among older people.
It is prized in some countries for the belief that it might help in
achieving and maintaining a clear skin with youthful glow, and it is
believed to help soothe skin inflammation.
9. The antioxidants are thought to help support the immune system.
It may help support healthy blood flow because of its iron properties.
Pomegranate supports the blood by supplying it with iron, thus may help
prevent anemia symptoms that include exhaustion, dizziness, weakness,
and hear loss.
11. Aside from having lots of anti-oxidants, pomegranate also might have some anti-viral properties.
12. Pomegranate juice and extract is thought by some women to help in overcoming the feeling of general malaise during menopause.