Aug 30, 2013
Quinoa is a power food #vegetable seed related to spinach, Swiss chard & beets, and not a grain as most people think! Here are its #health benefits
1. High quality protein: rich in 9 amino acids, thus its protein balance is similar to #milk.
2. Great source of Riboflavin: helps reduce migraine attacks, by improving energy metabolism within the brain & #muscle cells.
3. The Inca warriors had more stamina & better recovery time because their diets were rich in #Quinoa.
4. The saponins from quinoa help promote healing of skin.
5. Not fattening: Only 172 calories per 1/4 cup dry (24 of the calories from protein, only 12 from sugar, the rest are complex carbs, fiber and healthy fat).
7. Smart Carb: it is a simple complex #carbohydrate with a low glycemic index, so it won't increase your blood #sugar!