Jan 25, 2012
1. Get outside.Exposure to bright sunlight for 30 minutes a day either helps keep your internal clock set and helps our physical and mental health. Don’t wear sunglasses though; the exposure must come through your eyes!
2. Aerobic Exercise.30 minutes at least 3 times a week It’s also a good way to work through and release stress. Walking works wonders. Get your doctor’s approval first!
3.Avoid overly processed foods in favor of complex carbohydrates
4. Sleep. Change your sleep routine . Turn your lights down and go to bed at the same time everynight. Turn the t.v. off. reading, taking a warm bath, etc. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Don’t work late, Remember a tired body and quiet mind are the requirements for quality sleep.
5. Socialize.Involve yourself with close friends and family. just have fun. Keep it simple and go to a movie, visit an art gallery or museum, go to a ball game, grab a cup of coffee or have a meal together. Do this face to face (not online!) and do it regularly.
6. Watch your thinking! It takes work and persistence but if you constantly tell yourself to ‘stop it’ when you start to go over and over the negatives, then you are building a positive habit that will change your life for the better.