Total Pageviews

May 7, 2013

How do I get motivated to eat healthy and exercise?



Foods to avoid- Pretty much anything processed, I have cut out everything processed out of my diet and I have actually lost quite a bit of weight. Avoid things that come in boxes and cans, it is healthier (typically) to prepare your own food. When eating out avoid fried foods, alcohol, and soda.
Exercises- I do a lot of bike riding, running, squats, lunges, crunches, hiking, and planks. It matters where you are targeting.
What I have found crucial when losing weight for me is obviously to stay completely motivated. How I do this is by 

1) planning my meals in advance, every sunday I make time to prepare my breakfasts,lunches and snack and plan out what to make for my dinner.
 2) figure out a time to workout that day. Honestly I set like 10 alarms to force myself to go for a run or do some form of exercise. But eventually it will get easier to get off your bum and go work out. It did for me, I now look forward to my daily workouts :') 
3) treat yourself once a week in moderation! 
4) I do not drink any juice, or pops. I only drink water and skim milk. Water can get very boring after a while so I either put some lemon in or apple slices and cinnamon sticks (tastes yummy! and it increases your metabolism!)

Don't forget to take your vitamins!